Sculpt 23.10 Release Candidate

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Thu Oct 12 13:53:13 CEST 2023

Hello Pirmin,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 19:00:27 CEST, Pirmin Duss wrote:
> [init -> nic_drv] realtek-r8169_main 07:00.0 eth0: No native access to PCI extended config space, falling
> back to CSI
> [init -> nic_drv] Error: Function pcie_capability_clear_and_set_word not implemented yet!
> [init -> nic_drv] Backtrace follows:
> Error: illegal READ at address 0xfffffffffffa77b8 by pager_object: pd='init -> nic_drv' thread='ep'
> ip=0x10a8330
[...]
> I will check on the week end if the card works with an older sculpt version, as I never have used it with
> sculpt. My main use case up until now was to do iPXE-boot with it while testing the driver for the Intel IGC
> nic.

Note that the "illegal READ" stems from the attempt to backtrace the
stack without frame pointer but the driver would stop anyway because
of the "Function pcie_capability_clear_and_set_word not implemented".

I implemented pcie_capability relevant dummy functions on my
sculpt_23_10 this morning and published an updated RC6 at the
following URL.

  https://depot.genode.org/chelmuth/image/sculpt-pc-2023-10-12.img.xz

Maybe you have more luck with the new image. If not, keep us updated
here.

> The card is plugged to one of the PCIe ports, as the onboard controller is an Intel IGC 2.5GB adapter.

Did you make any progress with the IGC driver developments you started
beginning of 2023? Maybe adding the approp. driver to pc_nic_drv is a
less elaborate option now.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth