Sculpt 23.10 Release Candidate

Pirmin Duss pirmin at trimpim.ch
Thu Oct 12 16:32:07 CEST 2023

Hello Christian

On 2023-10-12  13:53, Christian Helmuth wrote:

>    https://depot.genode.org/chelmuth/image/sculpt-pc-2023-10-12.img.xz
>
> Maybe you have more luck with the new image. If not, keep us updated
> here.

With the new version of the image, nic_router gets the expected dynamic
IP-address assigned.

>> The card is plugged to one of the PCIe ports, as the onboard controller is an Intel IGC 2.5GB adapter.
>
> Did you make any progress with the IGC driver developments you started
> beginning of 2023? Maybe adding the approp. driver to pc_nic_drv is a
> less elaborate option now.

Yes I did make progress, I had updated it up to 23.08 and started
testing it.

I was actually thinking about integrating the driver in to pc_nic_drv,
last week, when I was debugging why the Linux side of the driver
endlessly restarts. I will give this definitively a try, and will keep
you updated.

Regards,
Pirmin