Help with usb_report_filter

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at genode-labs.com
Thu May 11 17:09:45 CEST 2023

Hello,

with commit [0] the usb_filter_rom README states that the <raw> node is gone, if I'm not mistaken. Are you on an older Genode release (before this commit) or something current ?

Cheers,

Alex.

[0] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/14d1ca17a98e46d8570e1ee3506c864271d08dd0

On 11.05.23 05:22, Colin Parker wrote:
> Hello,
>      I'm trying to configure my usb driver to accept multiple possible
> vendor/product combinations. I found the component usb_report_filter, which
> as I understand consumes a usb devices report, and produces a usb
> configuration file with a matching policy and a report that my component
> can use to request the device. The report to my driver looks like this:
>
> <usb_devices>
>      <device label="usb-1-2" vendor_id="0xcf3" product_id="0x9271" bus="0x1"
> dev="0x2"/>
> </usb_devices>
>
> and it makes sense so my driver requests a device called "usb-1-2". The
> corresponding usb configuration is:
>
> <config bios_handoff="true"><report devices="yes" config="yes"/>
>      <raw>
>          <report devices="yes"/>
>          <policy label="wifi_drv -> usb-1-2" vendor_id="0xcf3"
> product_id="0x9271" bus="0x1" dev="0x2"/>
>      </raw>
> </config>
>
> This seems like almost what I want, but somehow the <policy> node within
> the <raw> node seems to stop the driver from accepting this connection - I
> get a warning saying:
>
> [init -> usb_host_drv -> usb_drv] Warning: no policy defined for label
> 'wifi_drv -> usb-1-2'
>
> Am I using the component right? Is there a better way to do this? I
> followed the example in repos/ports/run/vbox5_genode_usb_hid_raw.run.
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs