Installing software in genode

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Fri Mar 17 10:20:08 CET 2023

Hi Divya,

There is the "DEPOT" env variable for gems/run/sculpt.run that can be
used for equipping your Sculpt with a TAR archive of packages you
reference in the deploy config (see depot_archive in gems/run/sculpt.run
and [5]).

You most likely want to use the GOA tool [1-3] in order to bring your C
program to Sculpt. Of course, there is also the alternative of
publishing your own program from your Genode repo using the depot
tooling [4], but it requires more Genode-specific knowledge.

I hope this helped?

Cheers,
Martin

[1] https://genodians.org/nfeske/2019-11-25-goa