iwlwifi-9260-firmware

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Mon Mar 13 18:12:07 CET 2023

Hi Alice,

> After some investigations, only the intel 'iwlwifi-9260-firmware'
> needs to be included for it to work. I forked 'dde_linux_firmware' [1]
> and created a pull request [2] to add the firmware and the license.
> Please let me know if this is appropriate.

Thanks for creating the PR.

I was wondering where you got the image file from as the size differs
from the one found in the vanilla 'linux-firmware.git' [1] repository
that I normally turn to. However, I added the image found there to the
'dde_linux_firmware' report and I prepared two fixup commits [2]. It
would be nice if you could give this FW image a try as well.

[1] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git
[2] https://github.com/cnuke/genode/commits/issue%23xxx-iwlwifi-9260-razor15-2023-03-13

> Finally, I have a branch that implements the necessary changes on
> the genode repository [3]. It currently uses my fork of 'dde_linux_firmware'
> in 'dde_linux/ports/linux-firmware.port'. Wifi now works on my laptop.
>
> If [2] is correct and accepted. I can adapt those changes if welcome to
> create a pull request for the genode repository.

I goes without saying that we gladly would incorporate the changes.

Regards
Josef

--
Josef Söntgen