iwlwifi-9260-firmware

Alice alice at domage.cloud
Fri Mar 10 17:52:03 CET 2023

Dear Genodians,

I am planning on using sculpt on my razer blade 15 from 2015. It was
straightforward to boot it. However, wifi networking won't work.

After some investigations, only the intel 'iwlwifi-9260-firmware'
needs to be included for it to work. I forked 'dde_linux_firmware' [1]
and created a pull request [2] to add the firmware and the license.
Please let me know if this is appropriate.

Finally, I have a branch that implements the necessary changes on
the genode repository [3]. It currently uses my fork of 'dde_linux_firmware'
in 'dde_linux/ports/linux-firmware.port'. Wifi now works on my laptop.

If [2] is correct and accepted. I can adapt those changes if welcome to
create a pull request for the genode repository.

[1] https://github.com/cnuke/dde_linux_firmware
[2] https://github.com/cnuke/dde_linux_firmware/pull/1
[3] https://github.com/a-dmg/genode/tree/iwlwifi-9260-firmware

Cheers,