iwlwifi-9260-firmware

Alice alice at domage.cloud
Wed Mar 15 13:02:32 CET 2023

Dear Josef,

Thank you for reviewing my stuff.

> I was wondering where you got the image file from as the size differs
> from the one found in the vanilla 'linux-firmware.git' [1] repository
> that I normally turn to. However, I added the image found there to the
> 'dde_linux_firmware' report and I prepared two fixup commits [2]. It
> would be nice if you could give this FW image a try as well.

I wonder why the size differs. It is a good question. I would have expected not.

As far as I remember, I got it from the Intel website [1]. I am sure I did not look
into 'linux-firmware.git' as you mentioned. I assume it should be picked up from
there. I overlooked that, sorry.

[1] https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

I have tested it with your Genode branch, and it works!

I have integrated your fixup commits on this branch [2] based on staging for the Genode repository.
And I have created a PR as well [4].

[2] https://github.com/a-dmg/genode/tree/iwlwifi-9260
[3] https://github.com/cnuke/dde_linux_firmware/commit/b7e07499ca264b5535c5c2b066d8007d92dfe43e
[4] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/pull/4787