Roadmap 2023

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Wed Jan 4 13:37:27 CET 2023

Hi Samuel,

> My PinePhone would be a much better target, however.  I bought it
> specifically to see how secure a mobile platform could be!  Genode
> was one of the mobile targets I was hoping to try.
that is good to know. So I'm hoping for feedback once we put out the
first images. ;-)

> Note:  presently drivers cannot be represented in the WASI standard
> APIs so another API variant will be needed.
The possible relation between WebAssembly and Genode regarding drivers
admittedly goes over my head. When it comes to device drivers, we
explored so many different directions already. But the lesson I learned
from the past two years is that our current method of using Linux
drivers as Genode components has been the most rewarding route so far.
Even though other directions remain interesting from a research
perspective, I am mostly after tangible outcomes when it comes to the
official project road map.