Regarding ARM on Genode virt_qemu_arm_v8a

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Tue Feb 7 15:15:47 CET 2023

Hi Divya,

Your drivers seem to come up fine, but your event filter (the server for
filtering and multiplexing your input events) indicates that it cannot
accept the sessions that the drivers are trying to create [3] because
you didn't configure event_filter appropriately. However, the config for
the event_filter is normally created dynamically by the sculpt_manager
component. Please run [6] to see where this happens. Together with [1]
and [2] you could then fix the event_filter config in the sculpt_manager.

The same way you can find a solution for [4], which is also due to bad
event_filter configuration.

Finally, [5] is because you need some server to provide a numlock.remap
file to the event_filter. I assume that your drivers config is simply
missing the numlock_remap_rom server that you can find, for instance,
also in [7].

IMO, you're not going the wrong way. You simply are going a way that is
not officially supported yet and therefore needs some effort and insight
in order to work ;)

I hope this helps?

Cheers,
Martin

[1]
repos/os/recipes/raw/drivers_interactive-virt_qemu_arm/event_filter.config

[2] repos/os/src/server/event_filter/README

[3]
[init -> drivers -> event_filter] Warning: no policy defined for label
'keyboard'
[init -> drivers -> event_filter] Warning: no policy defined for label
'mouse'

[4]
[init -> drivers -> event_filter] Warning: invalid <output> configuration

[5]
[init -> drivers -> event_filter] Error: ROM-session creation failed
(ram_quota=6144, cap_quota=3, label="numlock.remap")
[init -> drivers -> event_filter] Error: Could not open ROM session for
"numlock.remap"

[6] grep -r "event_filter" repos/gems/src/app/sculpt_manager/
[7] repos/allwinner/sculpt/drivers/pinephone