Roadmap 2024

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Dec 29 12:11:48 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

thank you for your response.

> I started out 2023 very ambitious, porting Genode to rockchip 3528.
> For various reasons I needed to work on other projects. My plan for
> 2024 is to add RK3399 as a sub target. That means Pinebook Pro and
> Pinephone Pro. I guess that those two targets are wanted.

I guess so too, as I see the latter being picked by the open-source
hardware community, i.e., Lukas Hartmann in his recent posting [1].

[1] https://mastodon.social/@mntmn/111649131139949948

> I also would like to see a layer for USB controllers like EHCI and
> XHCI. I would be most happy if someone can walk me thru the pc usb
> stack. I would like to cut lose EHCI from it and use that in my ports.
> I believe that this is better than using linux driver all up to the
> actual stack.

I'd be curious how your goals are aligned with Stefan's ongoing redesign
of Genode's USB infrastructure (explained at [2]) and his further plans
down the road. I'm hopeful that you might benefit from his line of work.

[2] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/5021

Cheers and happy holidays!