I need your opinion please help me

Nuri Başçay bynuribascay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 14:53:01 CEST 2021

Hi Genode Developers.

I'm Nuri and I'm an intern student. My boss wants me to learn genode and
develop apps.

Firstly, thanks for your replies.

Thanks to your reply, I ran Hello World in the Linux Genode scenario.

The main point is that, It is my first time using Ubuntu and working on an
operating system framework. I'm a computer engineering student (my 2nd year
finished now). I know flutter, java and python etc.

Is there a way to say kindly to my boss that it is impossible to develop
genode projects with my knowledge? If yes, please let me know your opinion
(what can I say to my boss for example I talked the genode developers so,
they said that you need to study more something to start to develop genode)

If it is easy to develop apps for genode, please let me know how I can do
that.
I read genode foundations book and study in this link "
https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/index " but I just did
Hello World project on genode after 3 weeks.

So please help me ASAP dear Genode Developers.

By the help of this link below, I tried to run "Creating your first
client-server scenario
<https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/client_server_tutorial>
"
but got an error and couldn't  do anything.
https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/index
And here it is the error that I mentioned
(
generating initrd
cp: cannot stat 'genode/initramfs': No such file or directory
)
input;

$ make run/hello KERNEL=linux

output;

including /home/nuri/genode/tool/run/power_on/qemu
including /home/nuri/genode/tool/run/log/qemu
including /home/nuri/genode/tool/run/image/disk
including /home/nuri/genode/tool/run/boot_dir/linux
including /home/nuri/genode/repos/lab/run/hello.run
building targets: core init app/hello
spawn make core init app/hello
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/nuri/genode/build/x86_64'
checking library dependencies...
  Library ldso_so_support
  Library syscall-linux
  Library startup-linux
  Library cxx
  Library ld
  Library base
  Program app/hello/hello
  Program init/init
  Library base-linux-common
  Library core-linux
  Program core/linux/core-linux
    COMPILE  version.o
    LINK     core-linux
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/nuri/genode/build/x86_64'
genode build completed
checking configuration syntax
  CHECK init
building targets:  lib/ld/linux
spawn make lib/ld/linux
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/nuri/genode/build/x86_64'
checking library dependencies...
  Library syscall-linux
  Library startup-linux
  Library timeout
  Library cxx
  Library seccomp
  Library ldso_so_support
  Library base-linux-common
  Library base-linux
  Library ld-linux
  Program lib/ld/linux/ld-linux
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/nuri/genode/build/x86_64'
genode build completed
using 'core-linux' as 'core'
using 'ld-linux.lib.so' as 'ld.lib.so'
using 'core-linux' as 'core'
using 'ld-linux.lib.so' as 'ld.lib.so'
generating initrd
cp: cannot stat 'genode/initramfs': No such file or directory
    while executing
"exec cp genode/initramfs init"
    (procedure "build_initrd" line 16)
    invoked from within
"build_initrd $binaries"
    (procedure "run_boot_dir" line 28)
    invoked from within
"run_boot_dir $binaries"
    (procedure "build_boot_image" line 35)
    invoked from within
"build_boot_image "core ld.lib.so init hello""
    (file "/home/nuri/genode/repos/lab/run/hello.run" line 20)
    invoked from within
"source $include_name"
    ("foreach" body line 6)
    invoked from within
"foreach include_name [get_cmd_arg --include ""] {
# first check if the include name is absolute
if {[string first "/" $include_name] == 0} {
puts ..."
    (file "/home/nuri/genode/tool/run/run" line 1062)
make: *** [Makefile:393: run/hello] Error 1