I need your opinion please help me

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Wed Aug 11 15:42:14 CEST 2021

Hi Nuri,

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 14:53:01 CEST, Nuri Başçay wrote:
> Hi Genode Developers.
[...]

I'm afraid repeating your introductory text over and over will not
help to get more attention.

> By the help of this link below, I tried to run "Creating your first
> client-server scenario
> <https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/client_server_tutorial>
> "
> but got an error and couldn't  do anything.
> https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/index
> And here it is the error that I mentioned
> (
> generating initrd
> cp: cannot stat 'genode/initramfs': No such file or directory
> )
> input;
>
> $ make run/hello KERNEL=linux

You missed to declare the BOARD parameter like follows.

  make run/hello KERNEL=linux BOARD=linux

See https://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations/21.05/getting_started/Hello_world.html#Building_the_component
for reference.

  The run script can be executed from within the build directory via the command:

  make run/hello KERNEL=linux BOARD=linux

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth