Wifi drivers in Sculpt OS

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Mon Jan 27 11:15:54 CET 2020

Hi Colin,

> Another thought that came to me is whether Sculpt VMs can do USB
> passthrough, and then I could run a Linux VM which will have the drivers.
> Is that possible? Could the network connection make it's way out of the VM?

You can use USB passthrough on Sculpt, most prominently it is used for
writing new Sculpt images to USB sticks [1]. It should also work for other
USB devices like NICs and wireless dongles. However, there is no way for
a VM to provide this as a service to the outside.

  [1] https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-19-07#Updating_the_USB_boot_device_from_within_VirtualBox

Regards Josef

--
Josef Söntgen