I/O Terminal for VM on Imx8q-evk

Chris Hofer chris-hofer at zehha.de
Wed Apr 15 12:49:08 CEST 2020

Hey,

I'm continuously exploring for my thesis the Genode virtualization on
the Imx8q-evk board. Currently the vmm_arm-runscript only allows to
specify a static command, which is repeatedly sent to the VM after it
booted. In order to run some benchmarks on the VM, I would like to
interact with the VM by sending dynamically input.

Is there a way to interactively send input to the TTY of the VM via e.g.
the serial interface of the Imx8q-evk? If there is none, can you think
of an easy way to build it?

Best,

Chris Hofer