ssh client error

Star Lord noobyquestions at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:49:42 CEST 2020

Hello friends!

I thought it would be a good learning experience to attempt to setup the
ssh client on Genode. I've decided not to worry about generating a pair of
ssh keys and just test password authentication for now. I'm attempting to
connect my laptop running Genode Sculpt 20.02 to a server running Ubuntu
19.10.

I created a "host" file in one of my ahci filesystems' root directory and
added the following:

<host name="192.168.0.140" port="22" user="root" known="no">

>From the logs it seems like the computers recognize and acknowledge each
other and, as expected, I receive an error message about a missing public
key. Totally normal. But then I receive the following error messages:

Error: password authentication denied
Access denied for 'none'. Authentication that can continue:
publickey,password
Warning: rtc not configured, returning 0

It's a strange error message, because I explicitly allowed password
authentication on my Ubuntu server. What do you think is causing the
problem?

I hope its okay that I ask simple questions here on the mailing list. The
IRC channel isn't very active.

Thanks,
nooby