Creating files with the new file manager

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Tue Apr 14 11:40:01 CEST 2020

Hello,

thanks for giving Sculpt OS a try!

> Can I create files using the new built in file manager? I can view and
> edit existing files and directories, but can't find an option to create
> a new file.

This is not (yet) possible. At the current time, the "file manager" is
still a rather rudimentary "file browser".

For situations like that, you may use the command-line interface of the
inspect tab as described at [1].

[1]
https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-20-02#Leitzentrale_subsystem