Building and executing run scripts within Sculpt

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at mail.ru
Fri May 31 05:03:37 CEST 2019

Joel Desermeau via users wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a stupid question...
>
> So, I've been using Sculpt CE with NOVA since it was released an am
> amazed at what can be done with such a small amount of people. It's
> very impressive! Looking forward to the next release.
>
> So, how can I setup a Genode development environment within Sculpt? I
> want to test out some run scripts from the world repository without
> needing to setup an Ubuntu 16.04 dev environment
>
> Thanks :3
You can try installing a "noux-build-x86" depot package (which is
available in blarson's depot, for example). Using it, it is possible to
build some packages. It includes bash, coreutils, make, gcc and other
packages, though, it has "expect" package missing, which is required to
execute run scripts. So, currently, you cannot start any run scripts
from Genode's build system, though, you can build any code from the
disk, like this, for example:

# make server/nitpicker

will build Nitpicker GUI server. But commands like

# make KERNEL=foc run/demo

will not work. Also, what is missing is a git client to download Genode
sources. But it is possible to download them from Linux to a Genode
partition, and, after rebooting into Sculpt, try building some code.