can't run noux_bash on Genode/seL4

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Fri Jul 12 11:44:58 CEST 2019

Hello Alexander,

welcome to the mailing list. First I'd like to ask if you would mind
to subscribe so you get future replies automatically via the list?

The issue you experience in both cases is AFAICS shortage of resoures
in components. These are the relevant log messages.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 00:28:11 CEST, Alexander Tormasov via users wrote:
> [init -> nitpicker] resource_request: ram_quota=0, cap_quota=4
> [init] child "nitpicker" requests resources: ram_quota=0, cap_quota=4
[...]
> Warning: PD (init -> drivers -> input_filter) cap limit (used=36, limit=37) exceeded during transfer_quota(3)
> [init -> drivers -> input_filter] resource_request: cap_quota=3
> [init -> drivers] child "input_filter" requests resources: cap_quota=3

The quotas for RAM and capabilities are configured in the init
start-node configuration for individual components and are not
increased automatically by the init component itself. Therefore, you
may try to tweak the quota configuration to proceed with the test
scenarios like follows.

In repos/os/run/demo.run increase nitpicker cap auota around line 150

  -  <start name="nitpicker" caps="110">
  +  <start name="nitpicker" caps="200">

Pleasse understand that sel4 as a platform is not used regularly or
even day-to-day. You may find a list of all automatically-tested
scenarios in the source tree (tool/autopilot.list).

Happy hacking
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs