target 'lib/ld/linux' does not exist

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon Jan 28 14:34:56 CET 2019

Hey Wouter,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 02:27:13PM +0100, Wouter van Oijen wrote:
> How can I determine which platforms and kernels are supported? Looking
> at the run files, the virtualbox scenarios require a Nova or Muen
> kernel, but don't support Qemu. So if I understand correctly the
> x86_32 and x86_64 platforms (i.e. build directories) will not work.

Unfortunately, there's no generic way to achieve this - the spectrum
of run scenarios is simply said too diverse.

> What I'm trying to achieve is to run a Linux image using Virtualbox as
> a Genode component. I'd hoped the many existing virtualbox scenarios
> would point me in the right direction, but I haven't been able to run
> them successfully yet.

We do not support running VirtualBox on base-linux or in Qemu,
therefore the assertions in the run scripts. The suggested way is to
setup a test hardware for Genode/NOVA and VirtualBox.  You may also
delete the Qemu assertion in the run script if you dare, but no
guarentees that this will produce a useful restult. I never tried
nested virtualization on Linux (this way or another).

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/