target 'lib/ld/linux' does not exist

Wouter van Oijen wouter.van.oijen at technolution.nl
Mon Jan 28 14:27:13 CET 2019

Hi Christian,
Thanks for your response!

>   ./tool/create_builddir linux
>
> This variant of create_builddir creates a build directory for the
> _target_ platform linux only, i.e., base-linux [1]. This clearly
> contradicts with you running the scenario for KERNEL=nova and, thus,
> compiling ldso for nova only. What you need to run is following.

For a Genode newbie this may not be as clear as you think ;-)

>   ./tool/create_builddir x86_64
>   make -C build/x86_64 run/something KERNEL=nova
>   make -C build/x86_64 run/something KERNEL=linux

If that something is vbox4_ubuntu_14_04_32, this fails for me.

make -C build/x86_64 run/vbox4_ubuntu_14_04_32 KERNEL=nova
=> Run script does not support Qemu.

make -C build/x86_64 run/vbox4_ubuntu_14_04_32 KERNEL=linux
=> Platform is unsupported.

How can I determine which platforms and kernels are supported? Looking
at the run files, the virtualbox scenarios require a Nova or Muen
kernel, but don't support Qemu. So if I understand correctly the
x86_32 and x86_64 platforms (i.e. build directories) will not work.

What I'm trying to achieve is to run a Linux image using Virtualbox as
a Genode component. I'd hoped the many existing virtualbox scenarios
would point me in the right direction, but I haven't been able to run
them successfully yet.

Kind regards,
Wouter