Sculpt OS

voidpin voidpin at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:05:15 CET 2019

Hi,
First things first, congratulations!
I think Sculpt is the OS I've been looking for, mainly the concept of running a micro kernel and have drivers in userland.

I've been playing with Sculpt (VC) for a few days. Have it on a 16GB usb and have aplyed Extend so the whole usb is used. It boots both on my Void Linux laptop in UEFI mode and on my NetBSD laptop in legacy mode without an itch.
Also, all my wifi bands are detected and I had NO issues adding software from the repo.

Although, documentation doesn't really describe how to install onto a SSD, I think I will manage with a slight work around.
But, before I do that I have a few questions, if you don't mind!?

1) How to shutdown my machine? Up to now, I haven't figured it out and been forcing shutdown using the power switch. I've tried 'poweroff' and 'shutdown -p now' to no avail.

2) Is a new release coming soon? I have a SE_SV keyboard and although, I can do it with de this is not optimal. I might just write a keyboard definition, but if its coming soon, it would be a waste of time.

3) Related to 2)... I've changed config to use de instead of en_US, but everytime I restart its back in en_US!? I've looked through the documentation, but I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong, as changes are not stored!?!

Thank you for your time and for this amazing OS.

Regards,
Pin

Skickat från ProtonMail mobile