Genode on RPI - second round

Tomasz Gajewski tomga at wp.pl
Thu Feb 28 23:12:21 CET 2019

Norman Feske <norman.feske at genode-labs.com> writes:

> Hi Tomasz,
>
>> [init -> test ->Kernel: Cpu 0 error: re-entered lock. Kernel exception?!
>>
>> For now the "solution" satisfies me but probably I'll get back to it
>> when I have a JTAG debugger. Without it it is hard to diagnose this.
>
> Stefan is away right now but I think that the following commit is
> related to this issue. It is part of the just-released Genode 19.02:
>

> https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/2cf4e5a6de176bc0c9fe6da46f06193a76c1d9cc

Thank you for this information. I have this commit on my branch as it is
based on staging but I didn't know that it could be a fix for the
problem. Therefore I haven't tested this until now.

After first test I was going to write that currently even after
"decalibrating" timer frequency (reverting my "fix") problem doesn't
appear but tried again, and unfortunately it failed. After 8 attempts I
had 2 failures and 6 successes.

Definitely something on staging helped. Probably this commit. But the
issue still exists and I leave it on my todo list for later.

Tomasz Gajewski