Wikis, and the need for a "Genode Book"

Steven Harp steven.harp at adventiumlabs.com
Mon Apr 8 18:36:09 CEST 2019

I also like the developer wiki idea. Risk: keeping a wiki accurate
for an evolving system requires an investment of time...

On 4/8/19 11:00 AM, Norman Feske wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> * Can you think of concrete examples that you'd find helpful?
>
> * Which areas of Genode do you find most challenging?
>
> * What are the topics and application domains you'd enjoy reading
>   about most?

One of the trickiest areas for me has been mixing the Libc environment
with Genode native facilities (rpc, events, shared memory) in the
same component.

Articles on networking would also be helpful. E.g., which of the common
socket timeout techniques will work as they do in Linux?  A list of
known differences along these lines could be a great time saver.

// Steve Harp