genode-sel4-arm -- Genode OS and the seL4 micro-kernel on physical ARM hardware

Edward Sandberg ed.sandberg at adventiumlabs.com
Wed Sep 19 19:13:33 CEST 2018

> We currently are supporting the Wandboard Quad (from
> Wandboard)

Sounds interesting. We could really use a working Wandboard Quad. What
device drivers do you intended to make available for it? We could really
use USB and the framebuffer.

So far we have the following devices working on the seL4 kernel for the
Wandboard. These are as native threads:
- serial (of course)
- networking
- GPIO
- I released the beginning of a framebuffer driver, available in [1]

We are trying to reproduce an ARM version of a demonstration that we
have fully working on an Intel ATOM-based UP board.  Our demo uses the
framebuffer (we drive a small HDMI display), our native port of the
Adafruit FT232H, USB (for mouse and keyboard), the timer, logging, and
networking all via native Genode drivers.

We're looking for a seL4/Genode platform with a modern ARM CPU that
supports this functionality. It's all about the drivers. Right now we're
stalled on USB support and the framebuffer. We have everything else working.

If you have made any progress along the same lines or would like a
starting point for your work, perhaps we could share notes.

[1] https://github.com/sand7000/genode

--
Edward Sandberg
Adventium Labs