First steps with Sculpt on Dell XPS 13

Roman Iten roman.iten at gapfruit.com
Fri Sep 7 12:38:53 CEST 2018

Thanks everyone for your support!

On 9/5/18 9:44 PM, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
> If I can get the display issue resolved, I'd put some time into
> porting the wifi driver...

Great!

On 9/6/18 10:45 AM, Norman Feske wrote:
> Both problems can be addressed by increasing the respective RAM quotas.

I updated the quotas accordingly [1]. With the resolution limitation to
1920 still in place, the resource requests are gone and as far as I can
tell everything looks reasonable - except the page fault [2].

Another observation is that if the resolution limitation is in place,
when I now update the fb_drv configuration to enable the internal
display with its native resolution, it shows the following screen [3]
(it's the photograph that's blurry, not the display ;). Please note the
cursor is usable across the whole screen. I thought this might be a side
effect of the resolution limitation, removed it and booted again. But
when I remove the resolution limitation, report_dump doesn't work.

On 9/6/18 11:13 AM, Christian Helmuth wrote:
> We had an offline discussion about this topic some weeks ago and as
> far as I can remember the effort to enable ath10k should be
> reasonable. This does not mean its quite some work esp. on the
> debugging side if the added driver's requirements exceed the currently
> provided emulation environment. Maybe you can join forces with Hinnerk
> in the debugging phase at least. Please feel free to open a feature
> issue on GitHub for the developments as I'm aware of at least one
> other potential user (who's not me).

I don't have any experiences in porting Linux drivers to Genode so I
can't contribute substantially. But if testing/logs are required, I'm
very eager to help! I feel I'm in good hands and will get an XPS 13 9370 :)

Cheers, Roman

[1]
https://github.com/rite/genode/commit/e7bbca769ba9603d8e748bc01563ed13f21dcbe0

[2]