Bender and GRUB1 "legacy"

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Mar 5 12:09:32 CET 2018

Hello Valery,

On 04.03.2018 17:06, Valery V. Sedletski via genode-main wrote:
> Though, trying to run "sculpt_test" on NOVA in QEMU, I see "drivers" and
> "leitzentrale",
> and "runtime" starting, and then silence (no progress). I commented the
> routing rules
> in all three subsystems out, so that, now I see all messages in core
> log. Where could
> I look more to see why it doesn't start? I see Nitpicker started, but no
> "leitzentrale"
> on the screen. No errors. Maybe, I need to wait more, but much time passed.

this can very well be a problem with the nit_fader component that
apparently misses to fade-in the client if the startup is extremely
slow. I have observed this sporadically myself, but only in Qemu. May
you try pressing F12 twice to toggle the Leitzentrale? In other words:
Have you tried switching it off and on again? ;-)