Bender and GRUB1 "legacy"

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at ...73...
Mon Mar 5 14:19:04 CET 2018

On 05.03.2018 14:09, Norman Feske wrote:
> Hello Valery,
>
> On 04.03.2018 17:06, Valery V. Sedletski via genode-main wrote:
>> Though, trying to run "sculpt_test" on NOVA in QEMU, I see "drivers" and
>> "leitzentrale",
>> and "runtime" starting, and then silence (no progress). I commented the
>> routing rules
>> in all three subsystems out, so that, now I see all messages in core
>> log. Where could
>> I look more to see why it doesn't start? I see Nitpicker started, but no
>> "leitzentrale"
>> on the screen. No errors. Maybe, I need to wait more, but much time passed.
> this can very well be a problem with the nit_fader component that
> apparently misses to fade-in the client if the startup is extremely
> slow. I have observed this sporadically myself, but only in Qemu. May
> you try pressing F12 twice to toggle the Leitzentrale? In other words:
> Have you tried switching it off and on again? ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Norman

Yes, looks like a redraw problem indeed. Toggling "leitzentrale" with
F12 key

helps. And it's veeeery slow :(

Also which is strange, 1024x768x16 video mode works fine on Asus laptop

(which has 1400x900 display and NVidia video chip). But on my desktop
(having

ATI Radeon 9600 XT and a FullHD monitor) the monitor goes out of sync when

setting the video mode up. Both are working in VESA mode. I suspect that

either the video card, or the display don't like the 16-bit 1024x768
video mode.

And Genode's framebuffer seems to be currently 16-bits only. It goes out
of sync

when I boot Linux too, BTW.