Sculpt built from current master - availability of packages

Tomasz Gajewski tomga at wp.pl
Thu Jul 5 23:24:46 CEST 2018

Hi,

after release Sculpt TC I've made another attempt to use it. I've
downloaded official image and attempted to boot on my computers.

On one it rebooted soon after splash screen probably due to issue with
IOMMU investigated some time ago in issue 2700 to which I hope to get
back to in near future.

On another one it booted but failed to initiate ethernet
controller. I've checked that it is an intel i219v-2 which is handled by
dde_ipxe in newer version than the one in genode I've made some changes
that resulted in commit:
https://github.com/tomga/genode/commit/7ce2291796c2752974c182e42aebfc8d8d31c816
that allowed to get ip address from my router so it that networking is
ok.

This commit contains a simple change to intel.c patch and three changes
to hashes that were needed to build sculpt after this change. Is it
normal that each change needs update of hashes of all dependent
components? Do I correctly understand that this will force many changes
of hashes in repository?

Next I attempted to perform next step from Sculpt TC manual and
uncommented part from config/deploy about fonts_fs and it attempted to
download some packages from depot.genode.org. Files that were attempted
to be downloaded do not exist on this server. There are similar but with
different timestamps e.g. download of .../fonts_fs/2018-07-02.tar.xz was
attempted but the latest one in this location is 2018-06-12.tar.xz

This date, if I correctly understand, comes from:

b485caf33c (Christian Helmuth 2018-06-25 12:51:03 +0200 1) 2018-07-02 a31d98a7dfb8cd7913ec38b0dfe080ae3382f8b6

So the second question is: should I assume that if this "version" is in
the git repository it should be available on depot.genode.org? If not,
what would you suggest to proceed?

Regards
Tomasz Gajewski