Sculpt built from current master - availability of packages

Tomasz Gajewski tomga at wp.pl
Sat Jul 7 11:06:49 CEST 2018

Tomasz Gajewski <tomga at wp.pl> writes:

> On one it rebooted soon after splash screen probably due to issue with
> IOMMU investigated some time ago in issue 2700 to which I hope to get
> back to in near future.

I've checked this and disabling iommu in parameters passed to nova
allowed to boot. Networking is working a little - address from my dhcp
server is properly received but downloading of packages fails with an
error: "Couldn't resolve host name".

Is there something obvious I could break when building image with
disabled iommu that would cause something like this? Or can it be
related with the network card I have - Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411.

Probably I'll try to build everything from scratch to test it or will
look for some scenario that can be used test network connection.

> This date, if I correctly understand, comes from:
>
> b485caf33c (Christian Helmuth 2018-06-25 12:51:03 +0200 1) 2018-07-02
> a31d98a7dfb8cd7913ec38b0dfe080ae3382f8b6
>
> So the second question is: should I assume that if this "version" is
> in the git repository it should be available on depot.genode.org? If
> not, what would you suggest to proceed?

On the display where I tested it the dates/versions of components were
not visible in vim during editing config/deploy (due to number of
columns visible in inspect console) so I haven't spotted that I can
easily change them there. After that discovery I had no further problems
with running other programs and it's really amazing how nice it works.

Tomasz Gajewski