scupt-tc real hardware: 0/3

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Sat Jul 7 13:07:38 CEST 2018

Hello Paul,

On 07.07.2018 12:50, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> I am confused because the VGA framebuffer says that it's default
> configuration is 1024x768.
> I know this is vesa driver speaking... but from where 2560x1600 is
> coming from?

nowadays the VESA driver tries to set up the highest possible resolution
by default. But you can explicitly configure it to use a particular
resolution:

  <config width="1024" height="768"/>

BTW, I noticed that you post on the mailing list at a very rapid rate. I
kindly request you to be a bit more considerate towards the many
subscribers of the list. Instead of creating a batch of ad-hoc postings
- some of them without any formatting whatsoever - I would greatly
appreciate you collecting your thoughts and questions in one succinct
posting. Otherwise, I fear that the discussion culture of the mailing
list may degrade to a chat room. For casual talk, you may also consider
the IRC channel #genode at freenode.