Fullscreen VM in sculpt

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Thu Jul 5 12:44:52 CEST 2018

Hi Pirmin,

On 03.07.2018 08:15, Pirmin Duss wrote:
> I would like to use my virtual machine in fullscreen mode on my sculpt. If I'm interpreting the configuration of the
> floating_window_layouter correctly, the key combination [SCREEN]+[ENTER] will toggle the fullscreen mode of a window.
>
> Further there is a normally disabled configuration in /config/input_fliter that remaps the key [LEFTMETA] to [SCREEN].
> However when I enable the remapping and start the wm and the virtual machine, pressing [LEFTMETA] and [ENTER] as
> described in the sequence of the layouter.config nothing happens.
>
> Do I need to change something else?

by default, Sculpt is configured such that all key combinations
involving the 'SCREEN' key to the window layouter. In
config/input_filter, 'LEFTMETA' (windows key) is mapped to 'SCREEN' by
default. In contrast to your observation, it is not disabled. Do you
happen to use a stale input_filter configuration?

Does [LEFTMETA]+[TAB] works for cycling through multiple windows? If
yes, then the input filter and window layouter are configured correctly.
This should be the case by default.

The VM's response to maximize events (as triggered by [LEFTMETA]+[ENTER]
or by the maximize button at the top-left window corner) is a bit of a
hit-or-miss, unfortunately. The screen-size change is handled the VBox
guest additions. So it does only work when those are installed and
running. Even if so, it sometimes takes quite a long time for the screen
change to take effect. The delay needs further investigation. But apart
from this, it should work in principle.