Sockets

Roman Iten roman.iten at ...453...
Tue Jan 30 14:10:28 CET 2018

Hi

> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 01:54:32PM +0100, Roman Iten wrote:
>> I have a libc server application that binds a UDP socket and a libc
>> client application to test the server. For this purpose I start two vfs
>> and bridge them using the nic_bridge component:
> [...]
>
> I never tried such a scenario myself but it reminds me of one aspect
> of nic_router.run test. Maybe you can have a look into it. As a first
> glance over your config did not reveal any obvious erros, it would be
> best you provide a branch with your scenario and test programs at
> Github. So, we get a chance to play with the scenario. My first action
> would be to integrate nic_dump and verify guess that at least an ICMP
> error message travels from server to client.

I tweaked run/netty_udp to use nic_loopback [1]. I can't reproduce the
"connection refused" error but instead vfs crashes if KERNEL=nova:

[init -> netty-client-7070] connected
no RM attachment (READ pf_addr=0xe pf_ip=0x10fc638 from pager_object:
pd='init -> socket_fs' thread='ep')
[init -> netty-server-7070] test in blocking mode
page fault, pd='init -> socket_fs' thread='ep' cpu=0 ip=0x10fc638
address=0xe stack pointer=0xa04fef18 qualifiers=0x4 irUwp reason=1

For KERNEL=linux, there's no nullptr dereference:

[init -> netty-client-7070] connected
[init -> netty-server-7070] test in blocking mode
[init -> netty-client-7070] client test finished
Run script execution successful.

Cheers, Roman

[1]
https://github.com/rite/genode/tree/netty_udp_loopback