Sockets

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Jan 26 16:10:43 CET 2018

Hello Roman,

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 01:54:32PM +0100, Roman Iten wrote:
> I have a libc server application that binds a UDP socket and a libc
> client application to test the server. For this purpose I start two vfs
> and bridge them using the nic_bridge component:
[...]

I never tried such a scenario myself but it reminds me of one aspect
of nic_router.run test. Maybe you can have a look into it. As a first
glance over your config did not reveal any obvious erros, it would be
best you provide a branch with your scenario and test programs at
Github. So, we get a chance to play with the scenario. My first action
would be to integrate nic_dump and verify guess that at least an ICMP
error message travels from server to client.

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/