Sculpt/wifi_drv regression: no IP address

Nobody III hungryninja101 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:38:47 CEST 2018

I updated to the 18.08 Genode release, built a Sculpt image, then booted it
on my Dell Latitude 6430u laptop. I discovered that the WiFi driver, which
worked in 18.05 (Sculpt TC) no longer works properly. In particular, the
WiFi driver detects the access points and can connect to them, but doesn't
get an IP address. I tried multiple access points, both my wireless router
and my phone. With my phone, I used a clean lowercase alphabetic SSID
("bensphone"), to avoid any issues with problematic characters. I am using
an Intel Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card.. Wired networking still works.