Sculpt/wifi_drv regression: no IP address

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Fri Aug 31 10:04:32 CEST 2018

Hello Ben,

* Nobody III <hungryninja101 at gmail.com> [2018-08-30 23:38:47 -0600]:

> I updated to the 18.08 Genode release, built a Sculpt image, then booted it
> on my Dell Latitude 6430u laptop. I discovered that the WiFi driver, which
> worked in 18.05 (Sculpt TC) no longer works properly. In particular, the
> WiFi driver detects the access points and can connect to them, but doesn't
> get an IP address. I tried multiple access points, both my wireless router
> and my phone. With my phone, I used a clean lowercase alphabetic SSID
> ("bensphone"), to avoid any issues with problematic characters. I am using
> an Intel Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card.. Wired networking still works.

as noted in the release notes, support for 6000er cards has regressed with
the new driver. The cause is still unknown and we are working on a fix.

(It looks like some kind of race or timing issue as most of the time the
packets submitted to the firmware are not acknowledged but sometimes it
works just fine and the behaviour is influenced by debug messages.)

Regards,
--
Josef Söntgen