config syntax in hw_gpio_drv? RPI boot issues

Steven Harp steven.harp at ...486...
Mon Sep 25 22:14:16 CEST 2017

Thanks much, that patch works as intended--build works for the rpi.

But I am still having some problems on this hardware. Possibly I'm
not using the correct board rev.?  I tried building the run/demo
and testing (dhcp boot image.elf) on these rpi models:

- RPi - 2011.12
- RPi2 - Model B v1.1
- RPi3 - Model B v1.2

Only the first of these gets as far as showing the demo screen.

Alas, it seems to hang shortly thereafter.  I wish I had
some diagnostic trace, but the serial console starts printing
gibberish immediately after starting the hw kernel.  I'm presuming
the UART should remain at 115200 baud, 8N1? (Those settings work
correctly with uboot.)

Any suggestions?

Are other Genode users enjoying success with 17.08 on the rpi?
If so, is there a particular rpi board revision that is known
to be compatible?

// Steve