Qt5 QInputMethod

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Thu Sep 7 14:33:12 CEST 2017

Hi Johannes,

On 04.09.2017 17:25, Johannes Kliemann wrote:
> while working with the QtVirtualKeyboard, I noticed that I can attach a
> QInputMethod directly to the keyboard which is a much cleaner solution
> than using a hidden input field.
>
> As far as I understood it, it is required to create a custom
> implementation of QInput(Method|Engine|Context) (like it is done in
> qtbase/src/plugins/plastforms). What do you think is the best approach
> to implement this part? I though about either doing it directly in the
> keyboard application (which might be more portable) or adding it to the
> nitpicker integration in /qt5/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/nitpicker
> (which would make it accessible for more applications).

I would try to implement it in a way which also works on Linux. If this
means implementing it in the application and it would be useful for more
applications, perhaps implementing it in a library could help.

Regards,
Christian