Compiling Kernel Modules for Genode on iMX53 with TrustZone

Mauricio Gutierrez Barnett maguti14 at ...527...
Wed Oct 25 00:39:05 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have a question about adding kernel modules to the Genode OS.

So I have built and boot the tz_vmm scenario for platform hw_imx53_qsb_tz
on the i.MX53 development board using another thread on this mailing list
as a guide. I was able to get it up and running on the board with no
problems.
However, I need to install a kernel module into the normal world linux.
In order to do this I need to be able to cross compile the module for the
target kernel running in normal world from my desktop.
However, while I have access to the target compiler I do not have a target
kernel directory.
That is, only the final image of linux is provided, not the source code
used to compile it.
I know the version is provided as Linux version 2.6.35.3-01270-g9533414.
However, if I try to use the 2.6.35.3-generic version as a target I get a
symbol version error when I try to insmod:

"disagrees about version of symbol kmalloc_caches
Unknown symbol kmalloc_caches (err -22)"

I believe this is because the kernel running in the normal world has been
modified.
I am wondering if there is another way for me to compile kernel modules for
Genode. If not, would it be possible for you to release the source code of
your modified kernel which you used to create the Linux Image that runs in
the normal world?

Thank you for your time,

Mauricio Gutierrez