GSoC 2017 Consideration - Qemu

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Thu Mar 30 16:28:03 CEST 2017

Hi Aaron,

On 03/29/2017 11:43 PM, Aaron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Aaron. I am writing this letter because I would like to enter
> my name consideration in your [possible specificity] project. I did not
> participate in the pre-application phase, which I know places me at a
> disadvantage, and as a result I am sending this email to probe your
> interest.
>
> Your organization's participation in the Summer of Code is somewhat
> serendipitous for me. I had previously been communicating with the Qemu
> organization about the possibility of porting their software to
> additional platforms, but they were not receptive (possibly even
> planning to remove platform support). Porting qemu, is exactly what I've
> been wanting to do. I've also read through some of your mailing lists
> and I don't believe that anyone else is taking this task on.
>
> With all of that said: are you willing to accept new candidates, or are
> you only selecting from those that have already communicated?

Thanks for your introduction. As you know the proposal deadline is April
3rd. Since there is hardly any time to get a feeling for your expertise
until then, I would suggest that you just submit a proposal. If it is
technically sound and describes your expertise/skills sufficiently, we
will give it a chance.

Regards,

Sebastian

--