Genode on i.MX6Q Sabre Lite

Thu Mar 2 10:53:17 CET 2017

Hi,

well, just because both boards Wandboard and i.MX 6Q Sabre Lite are
using the same system-on-chip (SoC) does not mean they are identical. So
if you are hesitant to start instrumenting the startup code, e.g., via
additional log() calls, you can at least compare the high level
description of the boards. One main issue is which memory slots are used
by which board, and which UART within the SoC is used for the serial
line connector of the board.

One thing that was striking me first when looking at high-level
description of the Sabre Lite board is that is has just 1 GB of RAM,
whereby the Wandboard has 2 GB. This is obviously an issue. When
lowering the RAM size for your setup you potentially will get one step
ahead. But if they are using different UARTs you will not see any log
message anyway. In that case you have to check whether both boards use
the same UART.

Regards
Stefan