Networking Support in VirtualBox

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Mon Jun 19 09:13:43 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 16.06.2017 20:20, Chris Rothrock wrote:
> I'm working with the VirtualBox run recipe where I have set use_net 1,
> added the repositories for dde_linux and dde_ipxe for the NIC driver.  The
> build runs successfully and I can boot to the 2 virtual machines (I have
> one as TinyCore and one as DSL - Damn Small Linux) and interact with the
> OS's but there is no network adapter detected.  To resolve this, I set the
> Adapter 0 to enabled in the test.vbox file but when I do this, I no longer
> get any video within the frame for the virtual machine (not even the
> bootloader for that frame).  I have tried increasing the cap for the
> virtualbox module in the virtualbox.run recipe but still have nothing.  I
> need to be able to test network communication between the two virtual
> machines (and to the wider network on which they are attached) but this is
> preventing me from this process.  Any help in this would be greatly
> appreciated.

please try the commit named "virtualbox.run: support network for
multiple VMs" of [0].

Mainly, the configuration used in test.vbox is wrong for Genode and in
the virtualbox.run script a Network multiplexer is missing, to run 2 VMs
with network.

[0] https://github.com/alex-ab/genode/commits/staging_vbox_run

Hope it helps,

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com - http://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden