Genode OS Framework version 17.05 released

Chris Rothrock cgrothrock at ...9...
Tue Jun 6 18:29:57 CEST 2017

I'm not seeing which framebuffer driver is being used.  I am looking at the
virtualbox.run and I see nit_fb, fb_drv, fb_sdl but I do not see anything
specifically stating "intel" or "vesa".  I just ran another complete
compile (fresh compile on 17.05) using the virtualbox.run recipe.  I can
get this virtualbox.iso image to boot on an Intel platform and through
VirtualBox (also an Intel box) but on an AMD it stops at the text screen
with the last line reading "boot".

The second problem I have with the virtualbox compile is no video in the
two nit_fb windows.  I have the variable use_gui set to 1, it boots fine to
the GUI, I see nit_fb1 and nit_fb2, however inside each of these windows
SHOULD be their own instance of TinyCore Linux but there is nothing shown
at all.  Any direction in this would help.