performance benchmark

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Mon Jan 30 10:35:01 CET 2017

Hello Parfait,

* Parfait Tokponnon <parfait.tokponnon at ...9...> [2017-01-26 09:12:21 +0100]:
> Is there any benchmark (performance) tool ready to run in Genode?

So far, there is only the netperf_lwip.run (repos/ports/run/netperf_*)
run script.

> *Here are the outputs*
> In the master branch:
> make run/trace
> cp: cannot stat ‘bin/rpc_name’: No such file or directory
>     while executing
> "exec cp bin/$binary [run_dir]/genode"
>     (procedure "copy_and_strip_genode_binaries_to_run_dir" line 4)
>     invoked from within

Compiling the rpc_name policy is disabled because of an issue with our
RISC-V toolchain. You can enable it by removing the REQUIRES line from
'repos/os/src/lib/trace/policy/rpc_name/target.mk'. That being said the
trace example is broken on the current master branch.

> In the 13.08 release
> make run/trace
> Makefile:91: /mk/global.mk: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `/mk/global.mk'.  Stop.

That looks like your BASE_DIR variable is not properly set. Please check
your build directory or rather the build.conf.

> I also read about the* TCP/IP Automated benchmarking* in 13.05 release.
> In the master branch:
> make run/network_test_nic_raw
> Error: No run script for network_test_nic_raw

This run script was removed some time ago.

Regards
Josef

--
Josef Söntgen