performance benchmark

Parfait Tokponnon parfait.tokponnon at ...9...
Thu Jan 26 09:12:21 CET 2017

Hello all,
Is there any benchmark (performance) tool ready to run in Genode?
I am trying to introduce some redundant execution scheme into the Nova
kernel and I would like to have a hint of the performance impact (on Genode
components). Since it is an unfinished work, the demo is the only scenario
I can run now.
I have read about the trace session in 13.08 release which may help but I
failed to build the trace example scenario (to get some insight of the
feature)

*Here are the outputs*
In the master branch:
make run/trace
cp: cannot stat ‘bin/rpc_name’: No such file or directory
    while executing
"exec cp bin/$binary [run_dir]/genode"
    (procedure "copy_and_strip_genode_binaries_to_run_dir" line 4)
    invoked from within

In the 13.08 release
make run/trace
Makefile:91: /mk/global.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/mk/global.mk'.  Stop.

I also read about the* TCP/IP Automated benchmarking* in 13.05 release.
In the master branch:
make run/network_test_nic_raw
Error: No run script for network_test_nic_raw

In the 13.05 release
Makefile:91: /mk/global.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/mk/global.mk'.  Stop.

Any suggestion is welcom.
--
Parfait T.