Genode, seL4 and VirtualBox

Chris Rothrock cgrothrock at ...9...
Tue Apr 18 22:20:17 CEST 2017

We have also been putting forth the effort for Genode/seL4 on ARM with
mixed success on different ARM platforms.  As it stands, if we can get an
ARM platform working with Genode/seL4 and especially with a VirtualBox
environment this would make us very happy.  I doubt this combination is
even close to ready, however.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Steven Harp <steven.harp at ...486...>
wrote:

> On 4/18/17 2:34 PM, Alexander Boettcher wrote:
> > According to [0] and [1] the required virtualization features for x86
> > got added later to seL4 master. Probably seL4 4.0 have the required
> > support, if I'm not mistaken.
> >
> >> If so, how can I make this work reliably?
> >
> > Without updating Genode/seL4 to a recent seL4 kernel version - as first
> > step - I think you can't. So, in principle all the limitations as
> > mentioned in the 16.08 Genode release for our Genode/seL4 support still
> > apply [2].
> >
> > [0] https://sel4.systems/pipermail/devel/2016-December/001161.html
> > [1] https://sel4.systems/Info/Roadmap/
> > [2] https://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/16.08#Limitations
>
> The combination of Genode and seL4 *is* particularly attractive.
> How large an effort does upgrading to seL4 4.x represent?
>
> Would this be any easier with seL4 on the ARM platform? I guess this is
> not yet a supported combination, but should be possible...?
>
> Regards,
>   Steve Harp

Thank You,

Chris Rothrock