Problem with make run/demo & run/hellofor fiasco.oc based build

Shahbaz khan shazalive at ...9...
Thu Apr 13 21:38:29 CEST 2017

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Christian Helmuth <
christian.helmuth at ...1...> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 11:54:47AM +0500, Shahbaz khan wrote:
> > I have started working with Genode, while I am interested in foc based
> > development and it seems the Genode efforts also prefer foc as I have
> been
> > trying run/demo for builds.
>
> I would not go along with telling that we "prefer" base-foc as most of
> our scenarios run on all supported kernels. Prominent exceptions are
> support for hardware virtualization (only on NOVA and hw/Muen) and
> TrustZone (hw only). If you address ARM and x86 alike I'd suggest you
> try out base-hw.

I got a bit acquainted with the release notes but I still find it difficult
to comprehend what really base-hw means when we say "Genode base -hw" on
Muen SK.

I am having some build issues (I do get an image.elf but build does not
complete) and have yet not looked into earlier commits and branches so I
would appreciate if you can let me know what actually runs over Muen SK in
Genode base-hw kernel VM. Does it mean we run another kernel like nova
between Muen and virtualbox.

I really like the idea but if we have another kernel below virtualbox than
why not run virtualbox on Muen as a subject? I am unable to criticize
clearly due to the mentioned confusion.

Thanks.

Regards,
Shahbaz