Problem with make run/demo & run/hellofor fiasco.oc based build

Shahbaz khan shazalive at ...9...
Wed Apr 5 08:54:47 CEST 2017

Dear list,

I have started working with Genode, while I am interested in foc based
development and it seems the Genode efforts also prefer foc as I have been
trying run/demo for builds.

I am facing a few problems. Some that makes sense as a developer, while
some are new to me and definitely need some hints to move forward. I have
encountered the following errors:

x86_64 (run/demo & run/hello):- Error: target 'core' does not exist.
       I was not able to figure out how to enable build core but it should
have been there by default like other Genode builds.

pba9 (run/demo):-
The mouse pointer does not work.

pba9 (run/hello):- [init] Error: Uncaught exception of type
'Genode::Parent::Service_denied'

linux (run/hello):- [init] Error: Uncaught exception of type
'Genode::Parent::Service_denied'

Does the uncaught exception mean that the capability list is not configured
properly? I am onto figuring out the build issue of core till your replies.

Regards,
Shahbaz Khan
R&D Engineer, IM|Sciences