Intel wifi driver

Martijn Verschoor verschoor at ...434...
Mon Oct 3 15:21:19 CEST 2016

Hi Josef,

Thanks for your help. Your patch brings me a bit further to get wifi up on the x201, but I’m not there yet. Now the scan fails, see the attached log. I didn’t debug this yet since I have now managed to get wifi up on our x250 with another patch [1].

I’m quite pleased with wifi on the x250 since this was our primary goal. Nevertheless it would be interesting to fix it for the x201 as well.

Thanks again, and I’ll give some feedback about the x201 issue when I have more time to debug it.

On 03 Oct 2016, at 10:35, Josef Söntgen <josef.soentgen at ...1...> wrote:

> The important piece of information in your LOG output is this line:
>
>  [init -> wifi_drv] dev_error: Invalid 11n configuration
>
> When your 6200 ABG card is initialized it indicates that it supports the
> 11n mode but judging by looking into Linux driver it is not supposed to
> be configured this way. I vaguely remember that Norman has the same
> problem with his 6200 ABG card. The “quick-fix” is to forcefully disable
> 11n support (see the attached patch).
>
> Regards,
> Josef

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Martijn Verschoor

Cyber Security Labs B.V. | Gooimeer 6-31 | 1411 DD Naarden | The Netherlands
+31 35 631 3253 (office) |  +31 616 014 087 (mobile)

[1]  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/f81d4cfbbb3f26d2631d93c04920fbbe3f686695