Number of components per init

Roman Iten roman.iten at ...453...
Tue Oct 4 20:04:13 CEST 2016

Hi,

I wrote a simple run script 'manytimer', based on 'timer':
https://github.com/rite/genode/tree/manytimer
When the number of components exceeds 19, I get a "Quota exceeded!"
warning. It seems that it doesn't matter if I use timer or other
components. It also doesn't matter how much RAM quota I configure per
timer.

- Is this behaviour intended?

- Whose quota exceeds (init, core, ...)?

- Can I resolve the warning by increasing its quota?

- In a scenario with 19 or more components (within one init), is it
still possible to "assign all remaining resources to the last child by
simply specifying an overly large quantum" as described in "Genode
16.05 Foundations" (see Chapter 6.2.2 "Resource quota saturation"). Or
would there be no more slack memory available for init and core
respectively?

Thanks, Roman