Running demo on Virtualbox

Paulo alfred300p at ...9...
Thu Feb 4 16:04:24 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the genode demo to run on Virtualbox, from a windows
server 2012 box.
I've been to the (awesome) Sunday talk at FOSDEM and the prospect of
getting genode running on my personal laptop is really exciting, but I'd
like to try it on a VM first. I realise genode is "focused on extending the
community of users" on 2016, which is great news for me.

I've managed to make run/demo, but it halts after a few "Quota exceeded!",
and can't even run the config module.
I realize I must be missing some quite basic detail, but I've been looking
for answers on the Genode Foundations book, on the website and on Google,
and so far I'm still feeling a bit lost.

make run/demo (cropped) output:
spawn ./core
Genode 15.11-106-g2a698ff
int main(): --- create local services ---
int main(): --- start init ---
int main(): transferred 17592186044415 MB to init
int main(): --- init created, waiting for exit condition ---
[init] Could not open ROM session for module "ld.lib.so"
Quota exceeded! amount=24576, size=4096, consumed=24576
[init] upgrading quota donation for Env::CPU (8192 bytes)
Quota exceeded! amount=32768, size=4096, consumed=32768
[init] upgrading quota donation for Env::CPU (8192 bytes)
Quota exceeded! amount=40960, size=4096, consumed=40960
[init] upgrading quota donation for Env::CPU (8192 bytes)
[init -> fb_sdl] Could not open ROM session for module "config"
[init -> fb_sdl] Could not obtain config file

Can anyone shed some light or point me to the right part of the
documentation?

Also, I can't seem to find instructions for building an ISO. Is that
possible?

Thanks,
/Paulo